Employer: West Region Child & Family Services Inc.
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Job Location: Rolling River and Waywayseecappo
Job Type: Permanent Positions
|West Region Child and Family Services (WRCFS) is a mandated First Nations Child & Family services Agency responsible to provide a full range of services, including statutory services, voluntary services and prevention services to the children and families of its nine First Nations, residing on and off reserve. The purpose of the programs of WRCFS is to sustain, support, and enhance family and community life.|
2 Family Enhancement (FE) Worker positions available:
- 1 - ROLLING RIVER – based out of Rolling River
- 1 - WAYWAYSEECAPPO – based out of Waywayseecappo
Reporting to the Community Based Team Supervisor, the worker will be responsible to work as part of the child and family service team in delivering a full range of child and family services utilizing a community based model of service delivery, with emphasis on prevention and resource services as a frontline approach.
- Provision of frontline voluntary child and family services, including intake and referral
- Assisting in the delivery of statutory services as required
- Planning, developing and implementation of community based prevention programs as related to child and family service needs of the community
- Provision of support services to children in care
- Facilitating groups, teaching parenting skills, establishing a close working relationship with other related services
- Be familiar with the Structured Decision Making assessment tools, Intake & CFSIS is essential
- BSW with at least two years directly related experience, preferably in First Nations Child and Family Services. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Must have a commitment to First Nations child and family services, community based planning and service delivery.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of and appreciation for First Nations culture and aspirations
- The ability to speak Ojibway will be considered an asset.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Good administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have computer training and/or knowledge of Microsoft Office
The successful applicant must provide WRCFS with a current Criminal Record check that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry check, Prior Contact check and Driver’s Abstract prior to the commencement of employment. Travel is required. A valid driver’s license and access to means of reliable transportation for work is a condition of employment.
Commensurate with experience and training and according to Provincial pay scale.
Deadline for Applications:
Open until positions are filled
How to Apply:
Please submit resumes to:
Leanna Flett, B.A., BSW, RSW
Director of Community Based Teams - South
West Region Child & Family Services, Inc.
Erickson, Manitoba R0J 0P0
Fax: (204) 636-6158
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
» Download Printable Version of Job Posting (PDF)