|Professional Employment Opportunity|
AWASIS AGENCY OF NORTHERN MANITOBA
UNIT: Bunibonibee Sub-Office
LOCATION: Oxford House, MB
Position: Child & Family Services Worker
One (1) Full-Time, Permanent Position
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Unit Supervisor the Child & Family Services Worker is responsible to implement the policies, procedures and specific directions/directives of Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba when working with families and children in the field of child protection. The duties would include managing a case load, conducting interviews and assessments, compiling case particulars for Court, investigating/follow up on allegations of child protection issues, maintaining regular visits, ensuring accurate and timely documentation, developing long/short term case plans, developing/facilitating workshops, community education and networking with collateral resources/services.
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree with experience in child welfare preferred or an equivalent combination of experience and training may be considered
- Strong commitment to community based service delivery
- Knowledge of CFS legislation, standards and issues
- Knowledge of Child & Family Services Information System (CFSIS)
- Excellent assessment, interviewing, and counselling skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as a team setting
- Sensitivity to and an understanding of First Nations culture and values
- Ability to speak and/or understand the Cree and/or Dene language would be an asset
- Fast paced environment
- Strong work ethic and be reliable
- Adhere to confidentiality when working with sensitive information
- Willing to travel
- Satisfactory Prior Contact, Child Abuse Registry Check, Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract
- Valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle
Awasis Agency offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. Salary will commensurate with education and experience.
Tuesday, August 23, 2022
How to Apply:
Awasis Agency provides service to Indigenous children and families, therefore preference will be given to Indigenous applicants. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify. Individuals interested in this challenging opportunity please reference Competition Number 2022-064 on your resume/cover letter and include it in the subject line of your email, in confidence to:
Human Resources Department
Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba
315 McGee Street
Winnipeg, MB R3G 1M7
We thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
**Note: Awasis Agency Vaccination policy mandate: fully vaccinated plus booster.
» Download Printable Version of Job Posting (PDF)