|Professional Employment Opportunity|
AWASIS AGENCY OF NORTHERN MANITOBA
GOD’S LAKE NARROWS UNIT
LOCATION: GOD’S LAKE NARROWS, MB
Position: Administrative Support / Case Aide
One (1) Full Time Permanent Position
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Unit Supervisor the Administrative Support/Case Aide is responsible for facilitating case-related activities (on behalf of their unit) when working with families and children in the field of child protection and must follow all guidelines related to clients’ safety and privacy. The duties would include, but not limited to assist with case management administration, provide administrative support to case workers/Unit, including developing strong relationships with clients, acting as a liaison for Agency and clients, preparing reports, check progress and reports about cases, conducting interviews, assisting with compiling case particulars for Court, ensuring accurate and timely documentation, assist with developing long/short term case plans, developing/facilitating workshops, community education and networking with collateral resources/services.
- Combination of education and experience in related field
- Previous experience in child welfare is preferred
- Knowledge of CFS legislation, Regulations and Provincial Standards
- Knowledge of Child & Family Services Information System (CFSIS) would be an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Demonstrated understanding and respect for Indigenous culture
- Ability to speak and/or understand the Cree or Dene language would be considered an asset
- Maintain a satisfactory Prior Contact, Child Abuse Registry Check, Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract
- Confidentiality environment with access to sensitive information
- Fast paced environment
- Minimal travel required
Awasis Agency offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. Salary will commensurate with education and experience.
Friday, September 24, 2021
How to Apply:
Awasis Agency provides service to Indigenous children and families, therefore preference will be given to Indigenous applicants. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify. Individuals interested in this challenging opportunity please reference Competition Number 2021-068 on your resume/cover letter and include it in the subject line of your email, in confidence to:
Human Resources Department
Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba
315 McGee Street
Winnipeg, MB R3G 1M7
We thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
» Download Printable Version of Job Posting (PDF)