Employer: Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba
Posted: Saturday, May 1, 2021
Closes: Friday, May 14, 2021
Job Location: Thompson, MB
Job Type: One (1) Full Time Permanent Position
|Professional Employment Opportunity|
AWASIS AGENCY OF NORTHERN MANITOBA
UNIT/OFFICE: Keewatino/Yatthe Ghe Family Enhancement Centre
LOCATION: Unit 5-90 Thompson Drive, Thompson, MB
Position: Cultural Services Coordinator
One (1) Full-Time Permanent Position
Summary of Position:
The Cultural Services Coordinator will provide culturally appropriate services in regard to community and family history, language and customs to staff, children in care and families. The Cultural Services Coordinator will provide the following services: ongoing support and counselling to staff in regard to personal development and cultural awareness; support with crisis intervention and debriefing; grief support counselling services; as well as opportunity for cultural ceremonies for staff.
The Cultural Services Coordinator will assist in developing ideas/programs in providing opportunities for families that want to utilize cultural ceremonies as part of the case plan; accept referrals from Unit Supervisors to enhance the support network for families in the community. This includes accessing preventative/social/cultural and medical programs in their community; provide Family Enhancement Workers with the outline of the planned sessions and provide contact notes and reports on the scheduled sessions with the family; act as a facilitator to promote self-help opportunities and capacity building in the community; and will possess and utilize the interpersonal skills to work with children, families, staff, and collaterals.
- Working knowledge of CFS legislation, issues and standards
- Assessment, interviewing, and counselling skills
- Demonstrated crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills
- Oral communication skills
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Proven ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as a team setting
- Sensitivity to and understanding of First Nations culture and values
- Ability to speak Cree or Dene language would be considered an asset
- Fast-paced environment
- Confidentiality environment with access to sensitive information
- Overnight and remote travel approximately 25% of the time
- Maintain a satisfactory Prior Contact check, Child Abuse Registry Check, Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle
Awasis Agency offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. Salary will commensurate with education and experience.
Friday, May 14, 2021
How to Apply:
Awasis Agency provides service to Indigenous children and families, therefore preference will be given to Indigenous applicants. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify. Individuals interested in this challenging opportunity please reference Competition Number 2021-018 on your resume/cover letter and in the subject line of your email in confidence to:
Human Resources Department
Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba
701 Thompson Drive
Thompson, MB R8N 2A2
We thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
» Download Printable Version of Job Posting (PDF)