Employer: West Region Child & Family Services, Inc.
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Closes: Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Job Location: Winnipeg, MB
Job Type: One Year Term Position with possibility of extension
|West Region Child and Family Services (WRCFS) is a mandated First Nations child and family services Agency responsible to provide a full range of services, including statutory services, voluntary services and prevention services to the children and families of its nine First Nations, residing on and off reserve. The purpose of the programs of WRCFS is to sustain, support, and enhance family and community life.|
WRCFS is currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the following position at our Winnipeg Sub Office. Reporting to the Maintenance Financial Manager and working as part of the Agency’s team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining a detailed child/special rate list for payment processing & information tracking purposes
- Processing semi-monthly foster care maintenance payments
- Verifying, coding and processing of child in care maintenance accounts payable invoices
- Maintaining and reconciling subsidiary accounts receivable ledgers and ensuring payments are collected.
- Assist in preparation of statistical and other reports, as required.
- Performing housekeeping duties in Sage 300 Accounts Payable Module
- Maintaining a filing system
- Assisting the finance department as required
- Minimum of a two-year accounting course through a recognized institution and/or two years accounting related experience
- Training and/or knowledge and practical experience in the application of generally accepted accounting principles
- Understanding and belief in good principles of management and accounting practice
- Knowledge and experience in computerized accounting (Sage 300)
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel computer programs
- Integrity and direct open manner in dealing with major issues.
- Good administration and organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for Ojibway culture and aspirations is essential.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be bondable.
All applicants must be willing to provide WRCFS with a Criminal Record Check that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry check, Prior Contact check and Driver’s Abstract prior to employment. Travel is required. A valid driver’s license and access to means of reliable transportation for work is a condition of employment.
Commensurate with experience/training and according to Provincial pay scale.
Deadline for Applications:
Tuesday May 11, 2021
How to Apply:
Submit resumes to:
Maintenance Financial Manager
West Region Child & Family Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 280
ERICKSON, Manitoba R0J 0P0
Fax: (204) 636-6158
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
» Download Printable Version of Job Posting (PDF)