Employer: Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021
Closes: Friday, May 7, 2021
Job Location: Thompson, MB
Job Type: One (1) Full Time Permanent Position
|Professional Employment Opportunity|
AWASIS AGENCY OF NORTHERN MANITOBA
Unit: Thompson Central Office
Location: 701 Thompson Drive, Thompson, MB
Position: Accounting Clerk
One (1) Full-Time Permanent Position
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Finance Officer, the Accounting Clerk is responsible for assessing, processing, preparing and completing accounts payable and receivable documents, journal entries, and sharing with the finance department the posting functions on a daily basis into the Accounts Payable system.
There is a requirement for thorough knowledge of the policies, procedures and regulations of the agency. The position involves public contact which requires explaining or defending relatively complex or controversial regulations or procedures. There is a requirement to demonstrate initiative by offering solutions when problems or discrepancies are identified in the system. There is a requirement to be a team player.
- Post-secondary education in finance, accounting or related field
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in accounts payable / receivable
- Experience with accounting software
- Exceptional attention to detail and assessment skills
- Experience with data entry
- Analytical problem solving and conceptual skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Northern communities
- Ability to speak Cree/Dene preferred
- Fast-paced environment
- Confidentiality environment with access to sensitive information
- Overnight and remote travel approximately 10% of the time
- Maintain a satisfactory Prior Contact check, Child Abuse Registry Check, Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle
Awasis Agency offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. Salary will commensurate with education and experience.
Friday, May 7, 2021
How to Apply:
Awasis Agency provides service to Indigenous children and families, therefore preference will be given to Indigenous applicants. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify. Individuals interested in this challenging opportunity please reference Competition Number 2021-017 on your resume/cover letter and in the subject line of your email in confidence to:
Human Resources Department
Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba
701 Thompson Drive
Thompson, MB R8N 2A2
We thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
» Download Printable Version of Job Posting (PDF)