Employer: Opaskwayak Cree Nation
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2020
Job Location: Opaskwayak Cree Nation
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time Position
|External Job Posting|
Executive Assistant - CEO
The Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) provides a consistent high-level and confidential support to the office of the CEO. Often serving as liaison between the CEO and the organization’s various branches, the Executive Assistant requires high levels of diplomacy and discretion. Duties may be clerical, administrative and project-based. The Executive Assistant provides general clerical tasks such as faxing, mailing, filing and photocopying. Basic administrative duties include answering, screening and directing phone calls, recording and filing business documentation, and preparing meeting agendas and notes. Project-based tasks include maintaining task lists, progress reports and document libraries.
Some Duties Include:
- Organize and maintain the Executive office including incoming and outgoing mail
- Manage the CEO’s schedule including coordinating meetings ensuring no double-bookings.
- Draft, edit and compose letters, emails, reports and other office documents
- Research and prepare draft presentations and spreadsheets for CEO
- Manage information in a confidential and timely manner
- Record details of grievances or complaints for review by the CEO
- Liaise with Leadership and Board members
- Complete and transcribe minutes for the CEO or when required
- Arrange travel and logistics
- Must have a post-secondary diploma in Office Administration or Administrative Assistant
- Combination of education/experience in a related field will be considered
- Must have at least five (5) years related work experience supporting an Executive Director or management
- Excellent organization skills and computer literacy skills
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and work well with time-sensitive materials.
- A valid Class V Manitoba Driver’s License is an asset.
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset.
Applications Must Include:
- A resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how you meet the position requirements
- Copy of credentials (licenses, training, education)
- Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Check (or proof of application)
- Three professional letters of reference (colleague, supervisor or manager) – or – contact information for same
- Personal contact information (phone & email)
Open until Filled
Everyone is welcome to apply. Consideration will be given to people of Aboriginal ancestry that meet requirements.
How to apply:
For more information or to apply, please email, mail or drop cover letter and resume to and marked “Personal and Confidential “in an enclosed envelope to:
Courtney Hester, Personnel Administrator
Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 10880, Opaskwayak, MB R0B 2J0
We thank you for your interest in wanting to work for the Opaskwayak Cree Nation. However, only those individuals that are qualified will only be contacted for an interview.
» Download Printable Version of Job Posting (PDF)