Employer: Opaskwayak Cree Nation
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Job Location: Opaskwayak Cree Nation
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time Position
|External Job Posting|
Director of Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources provides assistance and leadership aimed at helping Opaskwayak Cree Nation achieve its organizational objectives. This individual ensures that the Human Resource department and Opaskwayak Cree Nation are in compliance with all applicable federal and provincial legislation. This individual manages the staffing for the Human Resources department and ensures processes are in place for the smooth operation of the Human Resource Department. He/she also works on projects for the development of policies and programs, and coordinates with the accounting department on personnel budgets.
Some Duties Include:
- Performs and coordinates policy reviews and analysis, including the overall management of Human Resource projects and the direction of their staff.
- Responsible for overseeing the hiring, orientation, supervision, performance management and possible terminations of all of the associates at Opaskwayak Cree Nation.
- Ensures compliance with all legislative requirements (federal and provincial).
- Plans and provides organizational development strategy, direction, advice and counsel to the Board of Directors as needed.
- Ensure the security of employee records and the appropriate retention periods for a variety of documents.
- Must have a degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, or Administration
- Combination of education/experience in a related field will be considered
- Must have at least five (5) years related work experience
- Must have experience in supervising or managing staff
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge and able to interpret and implement personnel related legislation.
- A valid Class V Manitoba Driver’s License is required.
- Able to speak Cree is an asset.
Applications Must Include:
- A resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how you meet the position requirements
- Copy of credentials (licenses, training, education)
- Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Check (or proof of application)
- Three professional letters of reference (colleague, supervisor or manager) – or – contact information for same
- Personal contact information (phone & email)
Open until Filled.
Everyone is welcome to apply. Consideration will be given to people of Aboriginal ancestry that meet requirements.
How to apply:
For more information or to apply, please email, mail or drop cover letter and resume to and marked “Personal and Confidential “in an enclosed envelope to:
Courtney Hester, Personnel Administrator
Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 10880, Opaskwayak, MB R0B 2J0
We thank you for your interest in wanting to work for the Opaskwayak Cree Nation. However, only those individuals that are qualified will only be contacted for an interview.
» Download Printable Version of Job Posting (PDF)