» Alternate Care Worker - Rolling River First Nation
Employer: West Region Child & Family Services Inc.
Posted: Friday, February 7, 2020
Closes: Friday, February 21, 2020
Job Location: Rolling River First Nation
Job Type: Permanent Position
|West Region Child and Family Services (WRCFS) is a mandated First Nations Child & Family services Agency responsible to provide a full range of services, including statutory services, voluntary services and prevention services to the children and families of its nine First Nations, residing on and off reserve. The purpose of the programs of WRCFS is to sustain, support, and enhance family and community life.|
Reporting to the Alternate Care Supervisor, the worker will be responsible for performing a variety of duties within the Alternate Care Unit. This position is based out of the Head Office located in Rolling River First Nation.
Duties will Include:
- Foster home recruitment and development
- Foster home orientation
- Foster Parent training, workshops, and education
- Repatriation (intake)
- Foster Parent Newsletter
- Identify and develop a network of Alternative Care resources, both regular and specialized
- Network and support to foster homes
- BSW with at least two years related experience preferably in First Nations Child & Family Services. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Must have a strong commitment to community-based service delivery
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of and appreciation for Ojibway culture and First Nations aspirations are essential.
- The ability to speak Ojibway would be considered an asset
- Good administrative and organizational skills
- Must have computer training and/or knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Be familiar with the Structured Decision-Making Assessment tools, Intake Module & CFSIS is essential
The successful applicant must provide WRCFS with a current Criminal Record check that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry check, Prior Contact check and Driver’s Abstract prior to commencement of employment. Travel is required. A valid driver’s license and access to means of reliable transportation for work is a condition of employment.
Commensurate with experience and training and according to Provincial pay scale.
Deadline for Applications:
Friday February 21, 2020
How to Apply:
Please submit resumes to:
Marie Lavallee, BSW, RSW
Alternate Care / Gaa Gii Kweng Program Supervisor
West Region Child & Family Services, Inc.
Box 280, Erickson, Manitoba R0J 0P0
Fax: (204) 622-5248
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
» Download Printable Version of Job Posting (PDF)