Employer: West Region Child and Family Services Inc.
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2019
Closes: Friday, November 22, 2019
Job Location: Rolling River Head Office / Dauphin Sub Office
Job Type: Permanent Positions
|West Region Child and Family Services (WRCFS) is a mandated First Nations child and family services Agency responsible to provide a full range of services, including statutory services, voluntary services and prevention services to the children and families of its nine First Nations, residing on and off reserve. The purpose of the programs of WRCFS is to sustain, support, and enhance family and community life.|
- 1 - Abinoojiiyeg Naa Da Maa Gewin Worker - Rolling River Head Office
- 1 - Abinoojiiyeg Naa Da Maa Gewin Worker - Dauphin Sub Office
Reporting to the Abinoojiiyeg Naa Da Maa Gewin Supervisor as a member of the agency’s abuse team, the worker shares responsibility for:
- The investigation of all child abuse referrals/allegations received by the agency
- Intakes and referrals
- Working with the agency’s Child Abuse Committee
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with the various parties involved in a multidisciplinary approach
- The development and implementation of prevention and educational programs in the communities served by WRCFS
- BSW with at least 2 years related experience preferably in First Nations Child and Family Services. An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered
- Must have a commitment to First Nations Child & Family Services, community based planning, and service delivery.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for Ojibway culture and aspirations are essential.
- The ability to speak Ojibway will be considered a definite asset.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and within a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Must have computer training and/or knowledge of Microsoft Office
All applicants must be willing to submit a Criminal Record check that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry check, Prior Contact check and Driver’s Abstract prior to employment. Travel is required. A valid driver's license and access to means of reliable transportation for work is a condition of employment.
Commensurate with experience/training and according to Provincial Pay Scale.
How to Apply:
Submit resumes to:
Norine Mason, B.A., BSW, RSW
Abinoojiiyeg Naa Da Maa Gewin Supervisor
West Region Child and Family Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 280, Erickson, Manitoba R0J 0P0
Friday November 22nd, 2019
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.