Employer: West Region Child and Family Services Inc.
Posted: Tuesday, October 8, 2019
Closes: Tuesday, October 22, 2019
Job Location: Waywayseecappo First Nation
Job Type: Permanent Positions
|West Region Child and Family Services (WRCFS) is a mandated First Nations child and family services Agency responsible to provide a full range of services, including statutory services, voluntary services and prevention services to the children and families of its nine First Nations, residing on and off reserve. The purpose of the programs of WRCFS is to sustain, support, and enhance family and community life.|
Reporting to the CBT Supervisor, the worker will be responsible to work as part of a team in delivering a full range of child and family services utilizing a community based model of service delivery, with emphasis on prevention and resource services as a frontline approach.
- Providing prevention/intervention assistance for the CFS case specific and PRS program areas
- Provision of frontline voluntary child and family services, including intake and referral
- Planning, developing and implementation of community based prevention programs as related to child and family service needs of the community
- Assist in the delivery of statutory services as required
- Assist in the delivery of treatment support programs
- To work with the community based team in developing and promoting programs supports as required.
- Arranging and supervising family visits in conjunction with CFS workers
- Providing transportation for clients
- Minimum Grade 12 high school education or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and training.
- Must have working knowledge of the CFS Act
- Must have a commitment to First Nations child and family services and community based planning
- Knowledge of and appreciation for First Nations culture and aspirations are essential
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Must have the ability to make decisions and work effectively with others in a team process
- Ability to speak the Ojibway language would be a definite asset.
- Must have computer training and/or knowledge of Microsoft Office
All applicants must be willing to submit to a Criminal Record check that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry check, Prior Contact check & Driver’s Abstract prior to commencement of employment. Travel is required. A valid driver’s license and access to means of reliable transportation for work is a condition of employment.
Commensurate with experience and training and according to Provincial pay scale.
Deadline for Applications:
Tuesday October 22nd, 2019
How to Apply:
Please submit resumes to:
Ina Tanner, BISW, RSW, MSW
West Region Child & Family Services, Inc.
Box 280, Erickson, Manitoba R0J 0P0
Fax: (204) 636-6158
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.