» Alternative Care Unit Supervisor, The Pas, Manitoba
Employer: Opaskwayak Cree Nation Child & Family Services (OCNCFS)
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019
Closes: Friday, August 2, 2019
Job Location: The Pas, Manitoba
Job Type: Permanent Position
|Opaskwayak Creen Nation|
Child & Family Services
Alternative Care Unit Supervisor, Permanent Position.
456 Fischer Ave., The Pas, MB.
Under the general direction of the Executive Director, the above mentioned will provide direct supervision to the Resource Workers and Adoption Worker and also will be responsible for the delivery of a full range of Foster and Alternative Care services to the children and families of the community of Opaskwayak Cree Nation, Manitoba.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Identify needs and create ongoing community based recruitment campaigns for the promotion and maintenance of foster homes, recruiting and training foster parents, ensuring and evaluating the effectiveness of orientation and training packages, ensuring the applicants meet required standards to qualify as foster parents, providing monthly reports to the board of OCNCFS, Knowledge of CFSIS database a requirement.
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) with 2 years direct First Nations Child Welfare experience or other related combinations of education and experience;
- Knowledge of Child and Family Services Act and Provincial standards;
- Familiarity with Child and Family Service Information System (CFSIS) is an asset;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications and have the ability to work in a fast- paced environment;
- Must be willing to travel, have a valid Manitoba Driver's License and use of personal vehicle;
- Current Prior Contact, Child Abuse and Police check in good standing;
- Knowledge of the Opaskwayak Cree Nation and its’ culture;
- Knowledge and significant experience in management and the development;
- Good interpersonal skills and adherence to policies;
- Experience in working with a Budgets;
Application to Include:
- Detailed resume and cover letter;
- Two (2) work related references and one (1) character reference;
- Current Prior Contact, Child Abuse and Police checks;
- Copy of completed certificates or diplomas obtained.
To commensurate with Education and Experience.
August 2, 2019 @ 4:30 pm
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to:
Human Resources Department
Opaskwayak Cree Nation Child & Family Services
Box 10550, 225 Waller Road, Opaskwayak, MB R0B 2J0
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.