Employer: Nikan Awasisak Agency
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019
Job Location: Cross Lake, MB
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Quality Assurance Coordinator
Nikan Awasisak Agency Inc. is seeking One (1) Full Time Quality Assurance Coordinator in our Cross Lake Office. A satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check are conditions of employment.
The Quality Assurance Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and will be required to work independently and perform work of a considerable variety and high complexity, including but not limited to, understanding and interpreting various government laws, regulations, standards, policies & procedures along with Nikan’s guidelines, policies & procedures regarding the programs & services we offer.
- Responsible to ensure that collaboration takes place among all Personnel within Nikan Awasisak Mandated CFS agencies located in Cross Lake, Thompson and Winnipeg along with our newly created Family Enhancement Program to plan, develop, implement, monitor and evaluate the Quality Assurance strategy/framework for the Agency along with new and updated policies, procedures and guidelines that will ensure quality and consistent service provision.
- Develop a strategy based on defining, measuring and improving on quality of services & programs provided, including development and monitoring of performance methods and measures;
- This strategy will focus on:
- service coordination,
- quality outcomes for children and families,
- effective and efficient systems and processes;
- Measure, Analyse and Report the Level of Effectiveness and Compliance of Agency Policies and Procedures.
- Observing and/or participating in external review processes, evaluating deficiencies documented, and assisting in developing responses to report findings, as required;
- Recommend and/or implement continuous improvement initiatives and/or actions:
- Evaluation on circumstances and to determine root causes of deficiencies
- Report(s) of your findings, based on evaluation
- Assist in identifying Agency training priorities and assess
- Monitor the status and effectiveness of improvement and/or corrective initiatives for the program(s) tasked
- Compose, edit and/or review routine correspondence
- Attend & Participate in Meetings related to Agency Business as required
- Prepare periodic reports and schedules as required by Executive Director
- MSW or BSW with a minimum of 3 years senior management experience within a child welfare environment. A related post-secondary degree with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of legislation, policies and standards in a post AJI-CWI environment, and demonstrated experience in policy and program development.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, aboriginal approaches to the development of policies, programs, and services for children, families and communities.
- Must be a team player who is challenged by working in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem-solving skills and capacity to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (written & verbal) are essential.
- Ability to speak and understand Cree will be considered an asset.
- Must be willing to travel
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Your cover letter and résumé must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications. Please submit three references at time of application.
Based on qualifications
Deadline for Applications:
Open till filled.
Advertisement # NAA145
Attention: Hiring Committee
Nikan Awasisak Agency Inc.
P.O. Box 388, Cross Lake, MB. R0B 0J0
For More Information Contact:
Gloria McKay, HR Coordinator
Phone: 204-676-3902, ext. 104
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.