Employer: Nikan Awasisak Agency
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019
Job Location: Cross Lake, MB
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Director of Protection Services
Nikan Awasisak Agency Inc., is seeking (1) one full time permanent position of a Director of Protection Services.
Reporting to the Executive Director as a member of the senior management team, the Director of Services will plan, organize and direct all aspects of service delivery for assigned units. This includes providing strategies and vision for the department in providing child protection services in a manner which is culturally appropriate. The Director of Services will lead the development of the service delivery units to continuous improvement.
- Direct the activities of assigned service delivery units
- Supervise and manage Unit Supervisors
- Promote best practices in child welfare protection services
- Advise senior management regarding policy development
- Analyze and synthesize quarterly reports and report back to the Executive Director
- Liaise with external collaterals on behalf of the agency
- Expenditure of budget related to the assigned service delivery units
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Master of Social Work (MSW) an asset
- In-depth knowledge of Child and Family Services Act, Standards, and Regulations
- 5+ years of experience of child welfare protection services
- Child welfare supervisory and training experience
- Knowledge of or work experience in northern Manitoba communities preferred
- Demonstrated understanding and respect for Indigenous culture
- Ability to speak the Cree language is considered an asset
- Must have satisfactory Prior Contact Check, Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Driver’s Abstract prior to employment
- Travel required
- Must adhere to confidentiality when working with sensitive information
- A valid driver’s license and access to vehicle required
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications. Please submit three references at the time of application.
Nikan Awasisak Agency offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. Salary will commensurate with education and experience.
Deadline for Applications:
Will be open until filled.
Attention: Hiring Committee
Nikan Awasisak Agency Inc.
P.O. Box 388, Cross Lake, MB R0B 0J0
For More Information Contact:
Gloria McKay, HR Coordinator
Phone: 204-676-3902, ext. 104
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.