» Casual Administrative Assistant - Winnipeg Sub Office
Employer: West Region Child & Family Services Inc.
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2019
Closes: Monday, June 24, 2019
Job Location: Winnipeg Sub Office
Job Type: Permanent Position
|West Region Child and Family Services (WRCFS) is a mandated First Nations Child and Family Services Agency responsible to provide a full range of services, including statutory services, voluntary services and prevention services to the children and families of its nine First Nations, residing on and off reserve. The purpose of the programs of WRCFS is to sustain, support, and enhance family and community life. The agency’s mission is to work with our First Nations people to protect Aboriginal children, in keeping with our core values.|
Reporting to the Administration Manager, this individual will be responsible for providing receptionist duties and administrative support for the WRCFS Sub-Office, located in Winnipeg.
Duties will include:
- performing receptionist duties
- maintaining records and filing
- performing reservation clerk duties as needed
- ordering, tracking and distribution of office supplies
- operating and maintaining standard office equipment
- preparing and distributing purchase orders and taxi requests
- provide coverage to Administration team as needed
- other related duties as required
- Minimum grade XII with training and/or experience in office administration
- Knowledge of switchboards along with excellent telephone etiquette would be an asset
- Computer training and/or experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is an asset
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and to meet and deal effectively with people
- Knowledge of and appreciation for Ojibway culture and aspirations are essential
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Must be bondable
- Must be able to work as part of a team and be a team player in a fast paced environment
- Must participate in staff development relevant to the position
Commensurate with experience and training and according to provincial pay scale.
The successful applicant must provide WRCFS with a current criminal record check that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry check, Prior Contact check and Driver’s Abstract prior to commencement of employment. Travel is required. A valid driver’s license and access to means of reliable transportation for work is a condition of employment.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Monday June 24th, 2019
How to Apply:
Submit resumes to:
Verna McIvor, BSW, MSW, RSW
Director of Urban Services
West Region Child & Family Services, Inc.
255 Sherbrook Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 2B8
Fax: (204) 985-4079
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.